Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Introducing......

In response to my sole repeat reader, I've decided today's entry will consist of some history on who it is who is writing this stuff....

I'm Christian, I'm 36 years old. I hate to say that out loud... My wife, Donna is 33, I *think*. I know my kids ages, Hannah is 9 and Calvin is 5. Both were born in July.

Calvin is a typical boy, full of mischief and cuddles in equal amounts. He is obsessed with girls, and loves to attach himself to Hannah's friends when they visit. He can't eat chocolate, if he does, he goes feral for about a day, full of energy and uncontrollable. He loves playing the X-Box ( I won an X-Box at the MVP summit ), especially Crash Bandicoot ( we have no fighting or shooting games, because when we did, he was feral ALL the time ).

Hannah may well be a typical girl, I have no idea. She can be great, but at other times, she is moody, petulant and impossible to get along with. At 9 years old. I love her though.

As will become apparent, I am sure, my great interests in life apart from my family and my church, are computer programming, farming and rock music. To that end, I work as a developer, I have a hobby farm ( madly planting corn and pumpkins at the moment, and all sorts of other summer veggies ), and I play guitar.

I regret to report that I typed this when I was meant to be coding, so that's it for today.

Comments:
Hello Christian,

I was going to make some comment about it being a little late to plant corn, then I remembered that you lived "down under."

I have three children, Michelle age 19, Kevin age 17 and Daniel age 14. Your daughter sounds normal to me, so enjoy her while you can. When she hits puberty you will be "tested by fire." :) We had a tremendously difficult time with our daughter, but I can't complain because it was part of the series of events that led me and my wife to the Lord.

My youngest son likes to play online computer games...mainly combat type games. We have had to severely limit his time online because we have noticed that his attitude becomes worse the longer he plays those games. I am getting close to cutting them out altogether. He makes good grades in school, so I give him some slack.

I have treated my blog kind of like a journal. I write about the stuff that interests me. I am not sure how many people read it. I have a feeling that more people read it than just the ones who leave comments (So don't let a lack of comments discourage you). It has given me the opportunity to share my faith with others and to have a few friendly debates with Judah and not-so-friendly debate with an anonymous poster.

Gary
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?