Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Another VS2005 niggle

One other thing that happened when I installed VS2005 - my source safe disappeared. Now, this was a nightmare because as well as connecting to a VSS database or two at work, I run one on my notebook, for my own source code and contract work. Where that to disappear, I'd be in a lot more trouble than if I'd organised a sensible backup schedule.

Luckily, I found that VSS is still there, just the start menu group was deleted. Only, for some reason, VSS is also no longer able to be detected by VS2003, let alone VS2005. It's there, I can run it, and use it, but integration in the old IDE is gone, and in the new IDE does not exist to start with. I'm surprised this sort of thing was not tested, I installed the betas without these sort of problems.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?