Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

WinSxS

I spent the last few weeks googling to try and work out why my app ( C# with C++/CLI DLL ) would not work on my bosses XP machine, but worked fine on my dev machine and on my W2000 test box. It turns out that in VC2005, you need to copy a bunch of files into the c:\windows\WinSxS folder. Local dlls are just plain ignored. The error message you get is close to meaningless ( the app is not configured correctly ). Now that I've found out about it, it's easy to find info, but given that the error does not say anything about WinSxS, googling the error message just gave me lots of other people who were confused.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235342(en-US,VS.80).aspx?notification_id=131062&message_id=131062

This seems like the best MSDN page to get info on this stuff.

Comments:
Ehy, is the wrapper working? Are you going to share the code? ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?